Friday, November 22, 2013

Why Belgium?

I wanted to write about Belgium because this is where I come from and I love it. I'm an exchange student here in the U.S. and I can't even remember how many questions (and how many silly questions too) I've been asked since I came here. I found out that a lot of people actually didn't know my little country and had no idea where it was. I also found out that, if they did know it, all they knew about it were the Belgian waffles, beers or chocolate. I want to make them realize that this is not it. We have so many other things, mostly cultural, that we can be proud of and that more people should know about.

I'm hoping that by the time this blog is over, my American friends and teachers won't have any more questions about Belgium. I'm planning to post different articles that will talk about Belgian culture, our weather, the capital city, the people, the way of living,  and maybe some posts about Europe in general. I'm planning to answer every question I've been asked and talk more about them. 

5 comments:

  1. I really like your topic! I don't know much about Belgium either and I look forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see more about where you came from! Very glad you chose this topic because I don't know anything about Belgium and I'm curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your topic Morgane! I cannot wait to learn more about where you came from and the culture over in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your topic! What languages can you speak besides French? I enjoy reading about where you come from, and I hope to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice topic! I'm excited to learn more about your culture!

    ReplyDelete